This is ShoutWiki’s quarterly report for the third quarter (Q3) of 2012, from 1 July to 30 September.
User and wiki statistics
Over this period, 217 wikis were created by 182 unique users.
604 new users signed up on ShoutWiki.
Technical & operations
96 commits were made to our internal Subversion (SVN) source code repository.
6 new MediaWiki extensions were introduced during this quarter:
- Lock Down English Pages — an extension to prevent non-staff users from accidentally messing up the English interface messages on our Interface Messages Wiki (MediaWiki.org infopage)
- Variables — an extension for doing complicated tricks with templates, available on request
- Babel — allows users to show off their language skills via “Babel boxes” on their user pages; enabled globally (bug #178)
- Piwik — logs statistics about visitors to our Piwik system
- Semantic MediaWiki — a very complex extension for adding all kinds of semantic data about the wiki’s contents; available on request
- Semantic Forms — allows users to add, edit and query data using forms; requires the Semantic MediaWiki extension and hence is available only on request
On behalf of the staff team,
Head of the Customer Support Team